Students have completed modules 1 to 4 and attended an appointment with their college career practitioner.
Indicators of Learning
At the end of this unit students will have:
- Completed all learning activities in Module 5
- Accessed links and gathered information from websites about workplace learning
- Researched and identified host employers on InPlace
- Completed the reflection.
Did you know that research shows … that young people who recall four or more encounters with employers while at school are five times more likely to be engaged in education, employment or training after school, and earn an average 16% more than their peers who recall no such activities (Mann, 2014).
You may already have a part time job. It is time to investigate future career options. The skills and experience you have and the connections you make with employers are vital to getting a job. InPlace is a database you can search and identify some placements you would like to try. Once you have made a list of possible work placements make an appointment with your career practitioner.
Pathways Planning Learning
- Access the links and read the information provided
- For a number of years Construction has consistently been among the top few industries with the highest number of workplace injuries
- Learn about work safety by clicking on the links provided
- Search InPlace and list some potential work placement opportunities
- Be creative and find your own preferred work placement
- Learn about and investigate VET courses and structured workplace learning (SWL)
- Make an appointment with your career practitioner to make a work placement
- Access myfuture videos to see what work is like, work roles and occupations.
I am happy with the work placements I researched and have found some that match my interests. Am I going to try more than one placement? What do I have to do to prepare for my placement and how will it prepare me for work? Have I thought about a potential VET course I could do? I have made an appointment to discuss this with my career practitioner.