Recent Prior Experience
Students have completed modules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 of their Pathways Plan.
Indicators of Learning
- reflect on their experience of high school
- identify their feelings about transitioning into college/work and further study
- communicate expectations about the next phase of their learning and future options.
Personal and social capability:
- Social awareness
- Social management
- Inquiring – identifying, exploring and organising information and ideas
- Generating ideas, possibilities and actions
- Reflecting on thinking and processes
- Analysing, synthesising and evaluating reasoning and procedures
15 Minutes - E-portfolio
Time to start thinking about your e-portfolio. An e-portfolio is a ‘story of learning’. Creating one is a way of collecting evidence of your learning, achievements and qualifications, and revealing the critical and creative thinking and reflective process behind the product.
E-portfolios are an excellent way of organising and showcasing your work, and gathering evidence of your skills, knowledge and capabilities to demonstrate to yourself and others, particularly employers, that every decision you make is informed and career enhancing.
The e-portfolio PowerPoint provides information about the purpose and importance of e-portfolios, and a focus for discussion. Using Resource B, students create their e-portfolio through Google Sites as instructed.
Using the link to Google Sites, students start creating an e-portfolio that outlines their learning and career journey to date. The e-portfolio can be stored/saved on the students’ school profile and USB for continued building.
Using the headings in Resource B to assist, students create a personalised e-portfolio.
Ask students to login to their pathways plan and complete module eleven: My reflection and review.
- Achievement of learning outcomes
- Catering for individual differences, learning styles, special needs (student diversity)
- Resource Appropriateness
ABCD Career Competencies
8. Make career enhancing decisions
8.4 Incorporate realism into your career decision-making
9. Maintain balanced life and work roles
9.4 Incorporate life/work balance into the career building process
10. Understand the changing nature of life and work roles
10.2. Explore non-traditional life and work options
11. Understand, engage in and manage the career building process
11.1 Explore the underlying concepts of the career building process
11.2 Understand and experience the career building process