Recent Prior Experience
Students have completed modules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of their Pathways Plan.
Indicators of Learning
- make informed and considered choices in relation to the next steps in their learning, training and employment
- learn about the choices available to them so they can understand how to plan for their future; their choices need plenty of thought
Personal and social capability
- Social awareness
- Social management
- Inquiring – identifying, exploring and organising information and ideas
- Generating ideas, possibilities and actions
- Reflecting on thinking and processes
- Analysing, synthesising and evaluating reasoning and procedures
15 Minutes - Making decisions
What is a transition plan? Ask students to complete ‘Why do I need a transition plan?” Discuss with students that it is important for them to make informed and considered choices in relation to the next steps in their learning, training and employment.
15 Minutes - Pre-requisites
There are questions that you can ask yourself when you start planning your subject and course choices beyond year 10. Why are qualifications important? Students complete Resource B.
15 Minutes - Reflection
We know that career is the management of your life, learning and work. You need to consider not just qualifications and further education but all aspects that may affect your preferred future.
Students complete Resource C.
20 Minutes - Pathways website
Ask students to login to their pathways plan and complete module nine: My transition plan.
- Achievement of learning outcomes
- Catering for individual differences, learning styles, special needs (student diversity)
- Resource Appropriateness
ABCD Career Competencies
4. Participate in lifelong learning supportive of career goals
4.4 Participate in continuous learning supportive of career goals
8. Make career enhancing decisions
8.1 Explore and improve decision-making
8.2 Link decision-making to career building
9. Maintain balanced life and work roles
9.1 Explore and understand the interrelationship of life roles
9.1 Explore and understand the interrelationship between life and work roles.