Recent Prior Experience
Students have completed modules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 of their Pathways Plan.
Indicators of Learning
- Learn about the Pathways website, Resume builder and how it can help them to manage their career information
- Have an understanding of the world of work, and to prepare a profile of themselves that demonstrates skills, knowledge and experience
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures
Personal and social capability:
- Social awareness element
- Social management element
- Generating ideas, possibilities and actions
Review: What is a Resume? A resume is a document that outlines your personal details, education, skills, achievements, work experience and referees. Ask students to create/edit their resume using the resume template from Lesson 8.
Lead a discussion around what do employers want to see in a Resume? Write ‘positive’ and ‘negative’ on the board and ask students to provide examples of each. Resume writing requires students to provide details about themselves. By now students should know they have talents, skills and attributes. The secret is to use this information to promote themselves as the right candidate for the position.
Ask students to login to their pathways plan and complete the resume builder.
- Achievement of learning outcomes
- Catering for individual differences, learning styles, special needs (student diversity)
- Resource Appropriateness
ABCD Career Competencies
4. Participate in lifelong learning supportive of career goals
4.1 Discover lifelong learning and its contribution to life and work
4.2 Link lifelong learning to personal career aspirations
4.3 Link lifelong learning process to the career building process
4.4 Participate in continuous learning supportive of career goals
7. Secure/create and maintain work
7.3 Develop abilities to seek, obtain/create and maintain work
8. Make career enhancing decisions
8.3. Engage in career decision-making
8.4 Incorporate realism into your career decision making